27 November 2006

., by akiruna


.
Originally uploaded by akiruna.
There's been a long-running debate on the Flickr blog about whether artists should be allowed to upload photos of their work. Personally, I think it's an absurd argument - images are images and pixels are pixels. To try to distinguish between what is a "real" photo and what is not in the digital world is imho a futile exercise. For example, because akiruna painted this image, it would not qualify. But if this had been a weird puddle on a sidewalk and she snapped a photo, it would be kosher. Thus - my lack of concern for the origins of a particular work. The image in itself is what matters most.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not painted this picture. It is a find at art school. Young artist students left there pallet of used paint for their work on a stool. The only thing I did was seeing the beauty in it and made my crop.